For Immediate Release
Friday, March 01, 2013
Media Advisory/Photo Opportunity: Colorado State University TEDxCSU Conference March 2
The 2013 Colorado State University TEDxCSU conference is set for 1 p.m. March 2 in the Lory Student Center Theatre. The event is sold out.
The TEDxCSU conference gives diverse local speakers the opportunity to present an original idea in a 10-15 minute talk, in the spirit of the TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) mission to promote “ideas worth spreading.” This year’s theme, “Expand Your Perspective,” allows speakers to create change and inspire people within the Fort Collins and campus communities.
The conference consists of three sessions of original talks and discussion, split by two intermissions.
This year’s list of speakers includes:
- Jennifer Cross, sociology professor at CSU and co-founder of Caros Consulting LLC;
- Michael Steger, associate professor, director of CSU’s Clinical Training and director of the Laboratory for the Study of Meaning and Quality of Life;
- Juwon Melvin, co-founder of LifeSoap Company;
- Mairi-Jane Fox, global teacher and researcher who has researched carbon capture and storage, corporate social responsibility, ecosystem services and education theory;
- Dan Jaspersen, performer with a background in juggling, magic, linguistics, psychology and experimental theatre;
- Patricia Jolly, instructor in cultural anthropology at the University of Northern Colorado;
- Josh Kaufman, author of the international best-selling book, "The Personal MBA: Master the Art of Business;"
- Tamara G. Kleinberg, founder of The Shuuk, an online destination that sells innovative products and chief imaginator of Imaginibbles, an organization dedicated to helping people and organizations think creatively;
- Kathleen Baumgardner, co-founder of the nonprofit startup FoCo Café;
- Wesley O’Rourke, CSU senior majoring in Construction Management; and
- Brook “Queen Bee” Yates, founder of Dance Utopia, a co-creating community to experience self-love.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where ‘x’ is an independently organized TED event. The TED conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.
TEDxCSU is a licensed event authorized by the TED Conferences LLC. TEDxCSU is a Colorado State University organization. This is the second annual TEDxCSU conference.
To learn more, contact Kayla Green at email@example.com or (970) 491-7099.